Monday 6 May 2013

Punch Play

 
Hi everyone.
This card was a bit of an experiment really I wanted to see what I could make out of other tools I had not just ready to use dies.
First like starting many cards I cut out a mat of white card, next I cut out another layer using do-craft paper just a fraction smaller than my white mat.
I picked out a Kanban topper from their language of flowers paper-crafting kit that matched the colours in my paper.
To make the layers that my topper would sit on I used some silver mirror card and an EK border punch. This was the challenge for this card turning a border punch into a frame punch. To do this I lined up the edge of my mirror card to a marker on my punch and cut, I then as normal mover the card along and punched a second time. Once I had done this I turned the card and again lined up the edge of the mirror card to the marker on my punch and repeated as above. Once you have done this you should have an indication of where you need to cut your card to enable you to do the other two sides of your square. Once I had cut all the sides of the square I carefully cut away the little squares left in the corners. I then repeated this a second time so that I had two squares that I could layer together to form a star shape. Instructions on how to do this with your punches can be found by looking on you tube for ‘making frames with your border punch.’ Of course as with most cards I finished this one off by adding silver gems to the corners.
I am really pleased with what a single border punch can create and cannot wait to try this with other border punches.   


No comments:

Post a Comment