Monday 13 May 2013

Lilac Flutter

 
Good morning everyone!
This was a little bit of an experiment to see what I could do that was a little different from my other cards.
To make this card I used a butterfly stamp, an X-Cut die, Pro-Markers and one of my EK punches. I first cut two layers of white card. On the smaller of the layers I took a piece of card that I had left over from using a butterfly punch in an earlier project and used this as a stencil. I used Tim Holtz Victorian velvet distress ink to create my butterfly background.
Next I used two different sizes of X-Cut dies, the larger size I cut in a lilac card stock and the smaller one I cut out in a white card stock. I embossed my lilac layer using a butterfly embossing folder.
I then stamped my butterfly image on the white mat cut using the X-Cut die and coloured it using my Pro-Markers again.
I then stamped my sentiment on a piece of white card. I knew that this sentiment was the same width as my EK punch that I wanted to use. I used my punch to punch above and below the sentiment. Next I did the same only without the stamped sentiment with a piece of lilac card. I made this slightly bigger than the stamped sentiment mat.
 To finish this card I added gems to the bottom right and top left of the card.
I hope that you all like the end product.  



No comments:

Post a Comment